Saturday, September 1, 2007

Geez, where does the time go?

I can't get over how time flies. Not just when you're having fun. Things have been so hectic around here lately. With school starting and my hubby's birthday to plan I seem to be like the proverbial headless chicken.

We had such a romantic evening. I dropped the kids off at my mom's. I had fixed for the 2 of us an assortment of cheeses, supressata and olives. A nice bottle of Pinot Grigio, chilled. And strawberries with chocolate. Some smooth jazz playing in the background. And peace and quiet. We enjoyed a little dancing - a lot of smooching and NO KIDS! Still in bed by 9:40 though. HOW PATHETIC!

And today starts the rat race again. I made him a variation of Paula Deen's gooey butter cakes. This one has a chocolate bottom and a nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread, OMG) filling. Drizzled some chocolate on it and called it a day. He wanted meatball sandwiches of all things for his dinner. I laughed at first because, geez oh man, I can make meatballs standing on my head. But that's what he wanted so that's what he got. And they're pretty darn tasty if I do toot my own horn for a minute.

We (meaning Kenny) hung our plaque over the front door - "May all who enter here know peace and love" - my "God Bless America" plaque in Americana color scheme and the cutest little "Home Sweet Home" shutter in the living room. And he finally went to Home Depot to buy wood for the trim in the kitchen he has to finish. We've only been in this house for four years now. But I hear the table saw going. These are all good signs!!

Enjoy the holiday everyone. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket If you must labor, labor a little less anyway!


2 comments:

BEST OF THE NEST said...

houses are always a work in progress ..we have been "progressing" for 5 years here as well! Glad you had a great night alone...

BittersweetPunkin said...

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and being the first to welcome me. ...very very thoughtful.This is the first chance I've been able to visit yours and I love it....my first favorite!