Every morning I get up at 4:30 with my husband. Most of you know this. So last night we were really looking forward to sleeping until "we wake up." Let me explain what that means. That means we were going to sleep until our bodies woke up on their own. No alarm clocks were set. And it really wouldn't matter if we woke up at 6 just as long as it was our bodies doing it and not the alarm. Ah, bliss! At 6:52 this morning we were woke up by what I first thought was a disgruntled driver blowing his horn at another. Only it didn't stop. For over 5 minutes this incessant horn blew. Kenny got out of bed and went outside. I stood at the top of the stairs waiting for him to bring me the head of the car owner. He came in empty-handed which pissed me off a little. But, the horn had stopped. I asked him where was the head that I requested. He said that he couldn't see whose car it was due to the fog. So, he was unable to deliver. And I had already debated about which platter to use!
So, needless to say, I was not in a good mood. But, I poured some coffee, turned on the computer and found that a whole bunch of people left me a comment yesterday evening! Let me clarify one thing though for you sweet gems: I don't expect you to leave a comment everytime. It's always so nice to hear from you. But I don't expect it and I know how life has a tendency to interrupt the time set aside for fun. And in case you were wondering - I was not venting about any one of you. If you have ever left me a comment - or if I have never visited your blog before and left a comment myself - rest assured it's not you bugging me!
Anyway - sweet Michelle at Vintage Pastiche has tagged me in 7 Things About Me game. This is a little hard for me as I tend to ramble about myself a lot. So, it's not easy coming up with 7 things you may not already know. But, let me give it a try...
1. I have a terrible temper. It is not something I'm proud of and is something that I pray about all of the time. Someone once told me not to pray for patience because God will give you trials to work out. But I know that it is through those trials that I can feel God holding my hand. So I pray anyway.
2. At my heaviest, I was in a size 26! I'm now in a size 16, after having vertical banded gastroplasty. I now feel great, can run up my stairs and not die, and can shop in stores other than Lane Bryant and Avenue. WOO HOO!!
3. I am terrible at math. I hate math and I knew as I was struggling to learn the Pythagorean theorem in school that nothing I would ever do would require the use of this knowledge. And true enough, I don't ever use this. The only thing I ever understood in geometry was the "given."
4. I like to think that I'm sort of a Snow White-Gypsy-Mae West combination. I love taking care of my family and everyone else who drops by. I have a wild gypsy streak and I walk around singing Cher all of the time. I like sexy things, not raunchy things and I often shimmy like Mae telling Kenny to come up and see me some time. Now I blush!
5. I dated my husband's brother for about a month about 9 years ago. Kenny was married then and when his brother and I broke up I remember him telling me that he didn't like Dan's new girlfriend (now wife) and will always like me better! He and his best friend (my best friend's husband now) were out one night as were me and Holly. Kenny bought me a "chip" for another drink and I never cashed it in. I still have it to this day. Suffice it to say - I got the better brother!
6. I have been best friends with my girlfriend Holly since the 1st day of kindergarten. Let's see, that's 29 years now. How many people can say they have been friends with someone that long, let alone when you're only 34??
7. I love to ride on the back of Kenny's motorcycle. He has a Kawasaki Spectre. Some day we will own a Harley. But alas, we just can't afford one right now. But we already have the clothes! I love holding on to him as we ride. And when I hug him, putting my head on his shoulder and he reaches down to rub my leg we connect as two souls merged into one. There is no greater feeling and I fall in love again.
That was not easy! It was fun, but not easy. Now rather than name 7 other people to play, I thought I would extend the invitation to everyone. It's always fun to learn a little bit about people that wouldn't normally come up in land of blogs. Are there any facts people would be surprised to learn about you? Play along and let us get to know ya!