Friday, February 15, 2008
So I've had better days...
Let me first start out by saying thank-you to everyone who dropped by while I was out. It touches my heart. Remember the styes that I kept getting? Well, it got a lot worse before it got better. I had one on my upper right eyelid. It went away and then I had one on my upper left eyelid. It went away. But then...I got yet another on my lower right eyelid and this one got badly infected. I called the doctor on Monday after my mother practically threatened me, haha, and he called me in a prescription for an antibiotic drop. By Monday night I couldn't see out of my right eye anymore, it had swollen so bad. Tuesday was just as bad. Wednesday was a little better. And then suddenly it got a lot better. I could finally see without any problems yesterday. You can still see it. But it's just a little bump now. Instead of it covering my entire bottom lid, it's just this little thing now. Moral of the story...don't let them get out of control.
School was canceled on Tuesday and Wednesday due to the snow and ice. The boys were thrilled! But we could have been in big trouble. Let me explain. Remember a few months ago when the sensor went on our furnace? Kenny replaced it and we've been fine. But then Monday night when we were getting all of that snow, the furnace cut out again. We woke up to a 58 degree house. Kenny said that he would bypass the sensor for the day and fix whatever the problem was when he got home that night. The furnace would just have to run all day. He showed me the pin (bypassing the sensor) and said that if it got too hot in here to pull it. That was about 5:30 in the morning. Well, unbeknown to my sweet husband, when he bypassed the sensor...the flue didn't open. Carbon monoxide was pouring into the house. About 10:00 the boys and I were deathly ill. Our heads were heavy and pounding. We were dizzy and sick to our stomachs. Hearts pounding out of our chests. We could hardly stand. As a matter of fact, Austin laid down in the hallway upstairs. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out how we could all get so sick. Same symptoms and everything. Then it dawned on me. Could this be carbon monoxide? I sent the boys outside and pulled the pin. I opened a window. And waited. Unfortunately, the house was freezing again. But we were alive! When Kenny came home I explained what I did. He went down to check and came running back up. He said the flue didn't open and I was right. Austin said good thing Mom was here. Or you would have had a hard time waking us up, huh Dad? Kenny said no...you would have fallen asleep forever. Austin's head spun around and said...Good thing Mom doesn't go to work anymore! Kenny winked at me and said yep.
I'm taking that as a sign from God. Times are rough right now. But yet every time I question our decision for me to stay home, God sends me a sign that lets me know I am supposed to be here. The last sign was when an old outlet caught fire and I was here to put it out. So while we may be struggling financially right now...I still know we made the right decision. I have turned this problem over to God and He will get us through this. Oh and I don't really know what the problem was, but Kenny fixed it. He knew immediately what to do but just didn't have the time in the morning. And the moral of this story...Trust in God!
Have a great Friday everyone!
Lenten Scriptures: Mat 5:20-26 "...go first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your gift."
Thought for the day: Meditate today on Jesus' call to forgive others just as God forgives us.